At age 76, Susan Faludi's father underwent sex reassignment surgery. When Stephen became Stefanie, the feminist writer sets out on a journey to better understand her father -- an exploration that becomes an inquiry into the meaning of identity.
A panel talks about public school vouchers, a subject of contentious debate which has been revived by the consideration of a federally funded voucher program for the District of Columbia public schools.
- Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana)
- Mayor Anthony Williams of Washington, DC
- Melody Webb coordinator of StopDCVouchers.org
- Mark Egan director of the Voucher Strategy Center at the National School Boards Association
- Jeanne Allen president of the Center for Education Reform
Most Recent Shows
There were more airbag recalls this week, and VW has agreed to pay nearly fifteen billion in its emissions cheating scandal. Meanwhile, cars with driverless technology are becoming available, but whether they will make us safer is up for debate. A look at auto safety and consumer trust.
Authorities in Turkey are investigating Tuesday's deadly attack on Istanbul's main international airport. The Washington Post's Hugh Naylor gives us the latest from Istanbul.
Party insiders and backroom deals: One author on why we need to bring back old-time politics.